Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and 55,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
- Maintain database in Hyperion Enterprise including the entity and account structure.
- Provide general support on HFM, CMR, and Hyperion to Division FP&A teams as needed.
- Consolidate and prepare bi-weekly global sales report for the Division leadership team
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual supplemental reporting for Corporate
- Preparation of monthly trending reports as well as supplemental reporting as needed in support of key initiatives
- Corporate Reporting responsibility for the following:
- Support of corporate departments including monthly close, forecasting and budgeting
- Produces financial results for the corporate office and distributes to corporate operational leaders
- Drive AOP process for the corporate office budgets with Corporate FP&A team – includes, template creation, database consolidation, producing financial package
- Provide Legal / Regulatory finance support as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Candidate will have experience in the areas of financial reporting, internal control, forecasting, analysis, and accounting knowledge through professional and/or educational background.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit initiative and the Thermo Fisher Scientific. 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- The ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, and analyze and communicate variances to management.
- The ability to develop well defined analysis and presentations.
- History of participating on teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with peers.
- It is required that the candidate has the ability to manage multiple assignments, has good judgment and prioritizes projects and time effectively.
- Support process improvement actions and teams.
- The ideal candidate will have a commitment to continuous learning, demonstrate a desire to advance and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Skills with HFM, Excel, MS Access, and MS PowerPoint are required; additional skills with Data Warehouse, Oracle, COGNOS, and Hyperion are a plus.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant background.
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills
- Excellent skills with MS Excel; experience with HFM.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience.