In this full-time role (40 hours per week), we are looking for a tech-savvy communicator who can manage the division’s intranet presence (SharePoint platform) and apply a social content strategy for the division using the company’s recently launched social networking software, Yammer, to drive connections with the broader organization, build otherwise undiscovered relationships and encourage adoption of this powerful communication tool. Reporting to the Director of Internal Communications and partnering with the division’s communications specialist, you will develop and execute on a content strategy for both Yammer and the division’s intranet site to support our overall internal communications strategy.
- Develop the Yammer strategy to establish robust and active communities that drive engagement and adoption among the leadership team and division employee base for connections across the group and company.
- Specifically focus on helping the senior leadership team understand and use Yammer to drive adoption.
- In partnership with the division communications specialist and the broader group communication team, manage the intranet and Yammer editorial calendar and curate community content on a regular basis.
- Manage the generation of regular metrics to understand use and adapt to audience needs.
- Write introductions, editorial briefs and other communication messages for posts and shared content.
- Leverage connections across the business to drive content creation and collate user-generated content for sharing across the intranet and Yammer platform.
- Partner with the communications specialist to generate organic video content for various leadership site visits, meetings and team interactions that can be shared broadly across the intranet and Yammer platform.
- Bring creative ideas using current trends, gamification or other social strategies to the business to drive communications and engagement.
- Produce and edit short video clips generated from iPhone, GoPro or Osmo video platforms or other technology.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices related to the business social media space.
- Partner with social media, web, PR and marketing teams to integrate other related content that promotes our products, technology and customer involvement.
- Partner with IT and Intranet Solutions Team to ensure alignment with technology processes and governance.
- Minimum of two years of experience in communications, marketing or content management with direct experience creating content for social-based platforms.
- Excellent written, verbal, online and in person communicator.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social business software such as Jive, Yammer, SharePoint.
- Proficient Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PhotoShop and video editing tools.
- HTML experience.
- Familiarity with creating and editing video clips.
- Willingness to travel as needed to support content creation.
- Sense of humor, enthusiasm, risk-taker, resourceful, and technology savvy.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, social media or related field.