Job ID :
US - Maryland - Frederick
- Actively participate and contribute to the Advanced Cell Models and Assays portfolio planning and short/long term segment strategy development based on customer needs and market forecasts
- Manage annual revenue and profitability targets of the portfolio, supported by global list pricing and regional discounting strategies.
- Manage full product life cycle including product discontinuation strategies to ensure seamless customer experience and smooth revenue transition
- Assess and recommend growth opportunities, including new product ideas based on technical and market understanding – enlist others as needed
- Partner with sales, R&D, market development, and operations, to maximize revenue and develop and execute marketing strategies
- Create compelling value propositions that effectively match our core business strengths to market needs, and work with market development to develop/deliver specific marketing messages to stimulate demand.
- Partner with regional marketing and global market development teams to use market research and voice of customer feedback in specific regions and customer segments to understand dynamics of market evolution and competitive forces to maintain competitive advantage. Translate information into plans of action.
- Create, coordinate, and deliver sales training and proactively communicate with management on the product portfolio, its performance, and any changes in the market or competition.
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- 1+ years of Product Management, Marketing, Sales or similar relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or a similar discipline
- Knowledge of the Bioscience industry and/or biological sciences
- Demonstrated experience in conducting, collecting, and analyzing internal and external market related data, including voice of customer
- Proven ability to distill customer requirements and understand competitive strengths and weaknesses to develop compelling product offerings and value propositions and addresses competitive threats
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a matrix management structure and partner seamlessly within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships cross functionally, and gain internal cooperation and/or buy-in
- Ability to act in a relatively autonomous capacity and address problems of limited scope and complexity
- Ability to travel up to 25%, including international
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Knowledge of primary cells, stem cells, drug discovery and ADME/TOX preferred
- Experience with financial modeling or data analysis skills. Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track results
- Experience launching products into the Life Sciences research market
- Experience in external negotiations to gain cooperation
- Experience of presenting high-level information to multiple audiences, including scientists, executives and non-scientific personnel