Job Title: Field Support Scientist, Proteomics
Requisition ID: 51780BR
Location: Field based, USA
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This opening is for a highly experienced and self-motivated individual to support state-of-the-art LCMS instrumentation as a Field Support Scientist. As a member of the Thermo Fisher Scientific North America Center of Excellence the candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary matrix team that includes regional sales representatives, marketing and service professionals, product development scientists, and engineers. The support will be at customer sites (within North America) and focus on rapidly jump-starting customers for future success.
- Provide post-sales technical and application assistance in response to customer enquiries (both internal and external), including education, training and on-site visits.
- Provide post-sales support of recently installed Orbitrap systems in in the Protein Mass Spectrometry market with an emphasis on proteomics, biomarker discovery, protein ID and protein characterization
- Build new customer advocates from newly completed sales.
- Assist with customer demonstrations as appropriate.
- Prepare and present technical seminars to existing and potential customers, either as part of the sales process or at organized events.
- Deepen and broaden Thermo Fisher Scientific’s customer relationships with key scientific and educational leaders.
- Assist in developing educational content for company hosted websites, videos, seminars, applications reports, etc.
- 5+ years of related experience with a Masters degree is required or 2+ years of related experience with a PhD is preferred.
- 3+ years hands-on LC-MS experience is required.
- Experience with proteomics, biomarker discovery, protein ID and protein characterization (protein/peptide quantification and Biopharma applications is a plus)
- Experience with Orbitrap-based mass spectrometers is a plus.
- This position requires extensive contact with customers and therefore outstanding written and oral communication skills are required.
- A proven track record of analytical and problem solving skills must be demonstrated.
- The ability to work independently with little supervision and a strong work ethic is critical.
- Ability to travel up to 70% throughout North America will be required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our over 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com