When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Objectives of the role:
- Responsible for qualification of product(s) in a lab setting following standard operating procedures. Will utilize basic laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment and record keeping necessary to manufacture products.
- Will perform radioactive assays and analysis, TR-FRET assays, fluorescence based assays, and protein concentration assays.
- Responsible for Batch Data Records, notebooks, customer reports and work order documents.
- Utilize specialized technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data to ensure within operating parameters. Advise manager of factors that may affect quality of product. Suggest options/ideas for corrective actions.
- Maintain equipment, product inventories and related records as assigned. Note variances on manufacturing documents; audit and evaluate process documents and propose revisions. Complete, distribute and file records as required in accordance with Document Control Practices.
- Identify potential issues in the qualification process; report findings to team management and members for resolution or participate in troubleshooting.
- May lead process improvement projects
- Complete, distribute and file records; prepare ad hoc reports as requested.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Advise the team lead/manager of factors that may affect quality of the product, initiate problem reports for deviations and non-conforming materials, and suggest options and ideas for corrective actions and preventive actions (CAPA).
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other related discipline and 4+ years of experience in a manufacturing or research laboratory.
- Master’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other related discipline and 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing or research laboratory.
- Proficiency in the use of scientific laboratory techniques, equipment and materials:
- Radioactive Kinase Activity Assay
- TR-FRET Assay
- Fluorescence based assays
- Polyacrylamide and Agarose Gel Electrophoresis
- Western Blot
- Protein Concentration determination assay
- Buffer Preparation
- XL Fit Analysis
- Bench work both a lab environment and manufacturing facility with specialized equipment.
- Ability to carry out scientific procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Lifting up to 20 lbs will be required on a frequent basis.
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- May intermittently sit at desk/lab bench for a long period of time to perform experiments, write, and use a keyboard to communicate through written means
Ability to work independently/in a group setting with direct supervision.
Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- Experience in ISO 90001, ISO 13485 and/or GMP manufacturing environment.
- Displays positive attitude toward job and others.
- Good problem solving skills.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com