When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Corporate Solutions & Integrations (CSI) team within the IT organization is looking for a Business Analyst to help lead various large scale programs that helps to enable the organization around core and scalable solutions. This position acts as an enabler between the business community who have problems and the technology which offers a solution. A key part of the BA’s job is to facilitate the capturing of functional business requirements by gathering, analyzing and documenting the requirements in a way that can be understood by a diverse audience (technical and non-technical alike). A BA prepares benefit justifications and then serves as a liaison between the business users and the architects/developers in order to implement effective solutions.
To a BA, not all solutions include a systems development component, but may consist mostly of a process improvement or organizational change. They find ways to leverage standards and best practices enable unique business processes that provide a competitive advantage in the marketplace. A truly effective BA aligns him/her self with the needs of the business and then offers support before, during and after the execution of a technology solution. This position demands that BA's keep their skills sharp in both technology trends and ''best practices'' of the industry. BA’s have a passion for making sure that new software and processes are effectively integrated/adopted within the functions to achieve maximum productively gains, while meeting the needs of the business and maintaining proper data integrity.
This particular position is one that requires a high level of understanding around the Quote to Cash Process as well as experience in ERP Projects. Key focus areas would be in Operations processes with knowledge around how Supply Chain and Inventory Management work. In addition to this, expertise in Integration and Data Analysis is highly sought. This Business Analyst must have the capability to analyze data across different functions to help drive decisions around solving issues and/or enhancing the business. It is a unique role and one that has a lot of growth opportunities in the company and should provide a rewarding and challenging opportunity.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Work with multiple business areas to identify and define best business practices including merges and acquisitions, project reports, interfaces, data conversions and enhancement requirements.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the business processes as well as a strong working rapport with business users.
- Aid in the project management process for projects including scope identification, project planning, and project status reporting.
- Create requirements documents for formal change control for projects through facilitation with key project stakeholders and sponsors
- Ensure application prototypes align with business requirements and user acceptance.
- Work with developers to translate requirements into technical specifications.
- Develop and execute functional test plans and facilitate user acceptance process.
- Aid in the creation and modification to application architectures.
- Stay current on technology trends and software solution offerings form vendors.
- Working small to medium enhancements independently to create Functional specifications
- Working as a Project Manager on smaller projects and following the methodology to ensure project is compliant with PMO processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, math, or related field.
- 3-6 years of related business experience. Excellent working knowledge of key business process, with 3 to 4 years ERP and data management experience or comparable Master’s Degree.
- Strong data analysis skills required. Hands on experience on managing data; that is, data analysis, data modeling, data standardization, data clean up, and data consolidation.
- Larger enterprise applications such as SAP, JDE E1, Siebel, SFDC, SQL, MS Access, Relational Database, and data modeling tools.
- Ability to assist in user workshops, define requirements, write use and business cases, and design workflow processes. Experience with a Business Process Mapping tool a plus.
- Experience supporting business users in a global single instance environment a plus.
- Project Management experience is a plus
- 6-Sigma training a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate with internal customers in a non-technical manner.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member of a Team and in a matrix reporting environment.
- Must be able to work with and effectively communicate (listen, speak, present and write) to all levels of management and build working relationship with others outside of the Team.
- Ability to organize, disseminate information efficiently and set expectations.
- Ability to multi-task and work with cross-functional teams in a very fast- paced environment.
- Strong time management skills, prioritization abilities and “take ownership of issues and task”.
- Ability to work as a team member and contribute to the overall success of a team as well as work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Must be self confident, assertive and self-motivated.