Job ID :
Sweden - Uppsala
This position is based within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s ImmunoDiagnostics Division (IDD), which is globally managed from Uppsala, Sweden and develops, manufactures, and markets complete blood test systems to support the clinical diagnosis and monitoring of allergy, asthma and autoimmune diseases. With 1,600 employees worldwide, IDD is the global leader in in-vitro allergy testing and also the European leader in autoimmunity diagnostics.
As a Senior Purchaser, you will be a key member of the IDD Sourcing department and joining a team of seven based Uppsala. Thermo Fisher Scientific is a constantly growing and changing organsiation, which means we can offer you an interesting and challenging position in an international environment. Your main responsibility will be to manage both direct and indirect purchases for the business.
- Working with both strategic and operational purchasing questions.
- Indirect and direct material purchasing, with your specialty being chemistry and antibody related products.
- Negotiating conditions and prices as well as signing agreements (in accordance with authority matrix) with key instrument suppliers.
- In consultation with Planning and Product Manager, plan and decide on inventory management.
- Negotiating contracts and price for allocated investment matters.
- Carry out quality related work towards suppliers.
- Working cross-functionally across the company with all our departments.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Has completed a commercial or industrial education.
- • Has at least five years of experience from a purchasing/sourcing position.
- Enjoys working in an international environment and is able to work cross-functionally in a company.
- Has a strong work ethic and is driven as a person.
- Is as comfortable working in teams as they are working independently, and who has good organizational and time management skills
- Will be able to demonstrate the ability to take initiative, be resourceful, and exercise astute business judgment to drive performance.
- Can demonstrate the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation
- Is driven and works innovatively to achieve the targets set for them.
- Speaks Swedish and English fluently.
IS THIS THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. What story will you tell?
APPLY NOW on our career site http://jobs.thermofisher.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 3 September 2017
If you have questions then please contact Victoria Johansson (Senior Recruiter Nordics) email@example.com
THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 18 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.