When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Production Customer Service Representative role is to provide white-glove service to Production customers and internal clients to ensure on-time delivery of products, timely responses to inquiries and in the resolution of issues. This position requires strong communication skills as it relates to phone and email. In performing these duties, the individual will use good judgment and understand when to escalate issues to supervisor.
- Responds within timely manner to all customer (internal and external) requests and inquiries which may include order placement, checking order status, pricing, product availability, returns, terms and conditions, vendor information and delivery date confirmation.
- Interacts with multiple areas including third-party purchasing, warehouse, inventory planning, logistics, outside sales force, suppliers and production operations team to ensure timely and accurate shipment of product and issue resolution.
- Documents transactions and performs follow-up actions in accordance with departmental standard operating processes and procedures.
- Follows all current standard customer service work instructions, standard customer service production work instructions, and customer-specific statement of works.
- Adheres to schedule, including regular, reliable, and punctual attendance at work.
- Meets or exceeds productivity and/or quality standards defined in annual goals.
- Support Production Operations team in the execution of orders to meet production customer requirements (scheduled shipments, on time delivery, deduct & hold, quality documentation, etc.).
- 1+ years in call center or customer service experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Some travel required (<10%).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Associate/Bachelor Degree.
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills to take the appropriate course of action and provide a solution to the customers.
- Must be able to learn and apply new information as it relates to servicing.
- Must possess strong keyboarding skills in order to enter customer orders while on the phone and in a timely manner.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.