When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The qualified candidate will join the Quality Control Department in Fremont to perform routine microbiological testing support. This position will be responsible for QC microbiology testing in support of GMP operations, including bioburden testing and environmental monitoring of water, air, and surfaces. The candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision. Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, and effective interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Responsible for conducting environmental monitoring sampling throughout the Fremont facility, including multiple laboratories, manufacturing areas, and water systems.
- Perform microbiological testing of all collected samples according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Responsible for the overall compliance of the Environmental Monitoring (EM) program following the established procedures, while also suggesting continuous process improvements to the overall Environmental Monitoring program.
- Review and trend data to ensure compliance to internal procedures and report excursions to management. Actively report out trending results to internal customers, to drive any required preventative and corrective actions.
- Applies knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) on a daily basis.
- Accountable for the accuracy and validity of all test results. Independently interprets results and records observations.
- Learns to identify technical and compliance problems, and solves these under the guidance of Management.
- Other responsibilities include maintaining an audit ready lab, generation or revision of EM procedures, as well as the support of other QC testing functions.
- BS in Life Sciences (Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, etc.), preferable: BS in Microbiology.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience in a GMP laboratory, including previous Microbiology testing in a regulated industry.
- Technical Skills Requirements:
- Aseptic laboratory technique
- Aseptic gowning technique
- Pipette use
- Bioburden, sterility testing
- Environmental monitoring
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.