The primary responsibility for the individual in this position will be responsible for the development, implementation, management, and updating of a web-based application that will manage NIH-ARP's activities. The individual will perform this work per industry standards.
Secondary responsibilities may require the individual to work for other contracts within FBS.
The individual in this position will be expected to keep up-to-date on the current technology and assess how that technology might be applicable to ARP and activity suggest improvements to the current systems.
- Translating user requirements into functional specifications, and then implementing those specifications via coding/configuration/workflow development.
- Keeps the project manager/reporting manager well informed of status of development effort and serves as liaison between development staff and project manager.
- Liaise between the business and technology teams.
- Manages technical resources within budget and project schedule.
- Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Ensures technical teams are engaged, understand technical requirements and delivers required quality code/deliverable.
- Deliver to commitments on-time and in a quality manner
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a matrix environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive results in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures.
- Applies full system development life cycle methodology, including design, build, testing, and support to meet the business requirements.
- Takes the lead in developing solutions to solve customer issues.
- 4 year Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience is preferred
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Self motivated and action orientated with a strong results and deliverables focus and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and follow up on issues with minimal direction
- Biorepository experience preferred; Biopharma experience helpful
- No direct reports
- Responsible for leading system development efforts and cross-functional teams
- Responsible for influencing business system users and IT team members
- Responsible for collaborating with contract resources
- Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM.
- May be required to work after-hours and weekends as needed due to project demands
(This description is general in nature and is not intended to be