When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Manage internal build schedule and release of work orders
- Evaluate and execute work order changes resulting from review of detailed engineering change orders; evaluate impact to production work orders, purchase orders, sales order fulfilment and field installation impact, ensuring effective communication with engineering, production mgmt. and buyers/suppliers
- Determine raw materials needed to cover production demand, working closely with other Planners to ensure manufacturing plan cohesiveness and address issues in a timely manner when they arise
- Collaborate with other department members, and quality control, warehouse, and other staff to plan and prioritize procurement, inspection, and material movements to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay
- Tactical materials resource planning; build to order environment requires high level of planner intervention to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience as a production planner with knowledge of quality control principles; minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in a similar manufacturing environment; 2-5 in a Senior role.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Advanced communication and computer skills.
- Minimum AS degree – Bachelors degree desired
BENEFICIAL/DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency with MS Excel required
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.