Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science. The company enables its customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer by providing analytical instruments, equipment, reagents and consumables, software and services for research, analysis, discovery and diagnostics.
For our location in Allschwil/Basel we are looking for a
Team Leader Distribution
- Develops, mentors and performs annual reviews for Project Managers, Associate Project Managers and Project Support Associates. Develops Performance Improvement Plans when necessary.
- Establishes Goals for direct reports in accordance with company initiatives and vision.
- Manages the portfolio of projects and clients handled by the project management team and is responsible for the accurate and consistent execution of customer projects for own assigned customers as well as all new customers.
- Provides support for customer issues related to studies for which PMs and APMs are responsible when those parties determine the issues must be escalated.
- Identifies, develops and implements process improvements to improve overall efficiency and productivity of the project management team.
- Handles all personnel issues, timecard maintenance, PMDs and job descriptions as required for support associate(s).
- Participates in sales and marketing activities such as customer and/or study kickoffs, teleconferences, customer visits, audits, estimates and quotations with Sales and other FCS personnel.
- Initiates the involvement of appropriate departments and maintains continuous communication with those departments.
- Provides training, including system training and SOP training on regular basis.
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
- Prefer Certification in Project/Study Management by a recognized institution in project management
- Prefer accredited college, university or recognized professional degree, preferably in a health related field, prefer advanced degree in a health related field
- 5-7 years work experience supporting project/clinical study management teams
- Previous work experience in Healthcare /GMP / GxP and in GDP / Distribution / Logistics
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to include excellent relationship building
- Proven experience with customers in a dynamic environment
- Management experience is a plus
- Proven track record achieved via Lean / 6-sigma / Operational Excellence is a plus.
- Dangerous Goods, Customs, Cold Chain management experience would be a key differentiator.
- Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organization
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Company pension scheme and other fringe benefits
- Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story
to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the
world healthier, cleaner and safer.