When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
- Inspection of all operating parts of analyzers to ensure proper operation within expected tolerances.
- Tune and troubleshoot equipment for proper operation if required.
- Interact with manager during field service and update daily status. Conference & Co-ordinate with team & - - Service Coordinator weekly to update both technical & commercial issues of Customer. Provide firm
schedule of visits for site as assigned or as per Customer WOs
- Maintain, manage and update databases & online portal regularly
- Clearly and professionally interact with customer, regarding status of visit schedule/ Parts information/
commercial updates on a routine basis
- Able to determine tools and equipment required to perform scope of job
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment, and assist in establishing preventative maintenance schedules
- Assemble, align, and install equipment as necessary
- Travel, approximately 80-85% of the time
Minimum Qualifications / Skills required:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Technology in Electronics/Instrumentation/Electrical with a Minimum of
5+ years of directly related experience. Has experience on Sola, Nucleonic or Mass spectrometer products
- Good analytical & Technical knowledge in required field
- Good Communication & presentation Skill
- Good Managing power both customers & junior technicians.
- Seriousness & positive attitude to job with proper conduct.
- Willing to Relocate and flexible for extensive touring as per site requirement.