About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
- Prior experience in an IT Operations support role (Command Center Operations, Network Operations Center, Service Desk, etc.) performing hands-on IT Infrastructure & Application troubleshooting and resolution.
- Willingness and ability to work any shift assigned including weekend days and holidays as part of a standard schedule is a must.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime / alternate shifts as needed and possibly with short notice.
- Must be reliable and dependable; flexible to changing shifts to ensure proper staff coverage during planned / unplanned absences or special business processing times such as Quarter End / Year End.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies in support of the job.
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks in dynamic and high pressure situations, prioritize them accordingly and react quickly to issues is essential and a must to be successful within this role.
- Ability to follow implicit instructions when needed but also use experience/working knowledge to "think outside the box" when solving issues. Needs to understand deviances from the norm and resolve using prior experiences and resources available.
- Solid initiative and follow-through; ability to work with minimal intervention or follow up and see tasks through to completion without continual intervention or follow-up.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, service partners and subject matter experts.
- Good teamwork & collaboration skills
- Initiative to continually identify opportunities for improvement or add additional business value. Ability to work with others to drive those ideas to implementation / completion.
- Must be able to perform regular shift walk-throughs of Data Center.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time as needed.
- Must be able to perform regular lifting or moving of equipment/items as needed; generally not to exceed 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel to other sites if needed (this is expected to be a very low percentage of time if at all).
Strongly preferred but not required:
- Knowledge and use of CA-7 / CA-11 products.
- Mainframe experience.
- UNIX and/or Windows server experience.
- Familiarization of ITIL processes (Event, Incident, Change, Problem, etc.).
- Experience using ServiceNow or other incident ticket tracking system.
- Experience using major telecommunications vendor’s ticketing system
- Experience using Orion SolarWinds, HPOV/BSM, or other Event Management/Monitoring tools.
- Entry level cloud experience.
- Reasonable typing speed (50+ wpm).
- As Thermo Fisher Scientific is a public company governed by SOX, PCI, FDA and other regulatory agencies/policies, a key responsibility for GCC staff is to ensure that appropriate artifacts are captured and retained in the appropriate systems for audit purposes. Additionally personnel must comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures.
2 year technical education beyond high school, equivalent work experience or a combination of both is acceptable