When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As part of LSG Marketing, the Traffic Scheduler is responsible for supporting the entire Marketing team in the resourcing, scheduling, and trafficking of all projects initiated by internal business partners, ensuring that all work is completed accurately and on deadline through the establishment of proper timelines. The Scheduler will create custom schedules based on the agreed upon deadlines and workflows. The Scheduler will support 2-3 MPMs directly in managing their tactics. The teams the Scheduler will support will include, but not limited to, Creative Services, Predictive Analytics, Social Media, Customer Insights, and Market Development.
- Create timelines for projects, assigning resources and determining hand-offs.
- Effectively communicate and enforce production schedules and deadlines, managing the timely adherence to established deadlines.
- Generate and maintain daily priority list for the creative services and other teams.
- Assist as day-to-day liaison between Marcomm Managers and creative team members and/or external agencies and vendors, providing updates on job status, clarifying questions, and troubleshooting problems.
- Analyze workload in terms of project quantity, complexity and deliverables due dates to predict resource needs.
- Develop sound and effective solutions to issues and problems that impact a project deadlines.
- Work with Traffic Specialist for resource management and allocation of projects based on the individual strengths/weaknesses of the team.
- Ensure all project files are saved in Digital Asset Management tool by the creative team.
- Submission of tactics to the Legal review tool Documentum.
- Submission of tactics to the Brand review tool Proof HQ.
- Submission of tactics to the Web production tool WRC.
- Shepherd all tactics through the workflows from D1 on.
- Work with the MPM to flag any issues raised by Legal or Brand, and adjust timing or assignments accordingly.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3+ years of Traffic experience preferably in an advertising agency environment or in house creative team.
- Proven ability to manage all aspects of creative production – from project inception to completion.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to analyze alternative solutions and prioritize quickly within tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, managing multiple projects at once with little or no supervision.
- Experience using Marketing Communications project management systems.
- Ability to work with and take direction from multiple people effectively and prioritize using best judgment.
- Strong initiative and customer service focus.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.