When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Director, Corporate Strategy will drive Thermo Fisher Scientific's long term corporate strategic planning efforts by identifying, articulating, and addressing growth drivers and challenges across all of the Company’s businesses. The Director, reporting into the Senior Vice President, Strategy & Corporate Development will provide strategic thought leadership and objective decision support analysis for senior executive management on a broad range of factors affecting the Company., including analysis in support of new business initiatives both organic, and M&A related. The Director will work collaboratively across Thermo Fisher Scientific's business portfolio and will interact directly with the most senior leaders of the company on a regular basis.
- Lead and perform competitive and market analysis connecting key strategic projects with implications and possible outcomes for the company. Present findings and recommendations to senior leaders
- Identify, define, and articulate industry, market, and emerging trends and how they may affect Thermo Fisher
- Evaluate white space opportunities for possible expansion and facilitate make/partner/buy decisions
- Act as key liaison and partner for senior executive management team for corporate strategy initiatives
- Lead corporate strategic planning process and manage specific corporate strategy initiatives across the company, drive major cross-functional and cross-business projects and other corporate projects
- Support and guide divisional strategic planning process including Board of Director presentations
- Define and track key company-wide strategic performance metrics
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree in business, economics, life sciences, or related field strongly preferred
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience, including broad-based experience in corporate strategy, strategy consulting, and market analysis; top-tier banking and consulting firm experience would be highly favorable
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills including PowerPoint, Excel, Windows, etc.
- Relevant life science industry experience preferred, but not required
- Team player capable of leading and participating within cross-functional project teams to meet key milestones under tight timelines and stressful conditions
- Proven research and financial/quantitative analysis skills
- Understanding of commercial and financial implications of strategy development process
- Critical thinking, inductive reasoning, and hypothesis-driven work planning
- Project and process management capabilities
- Team leadership and influencing abilities
- Effective communication and presentation styles
- Internal and external networking, relationship building, and consensus building
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information
- Strong work ethic with ability to work independently