Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life science research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. Thermo Fisher Scientific stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TMO.
Partner with the Healthcare Market Division Commercial Leaders to provide financial analysis, recommendations and general business support. Ideal candidate will have the ability to drive business decisions through effective communication with Senior Management.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and develop three finance professionals
- Prepare and coordinate RFPs and financial models
- Participate in strategic discussions with commercial leaders during RFP and contracting process
- Interacts with commercial leaders, legal and other operational teams for appropriate RFP responses
- Create and review the analysis for contract renewals and contract compliance
- Work with shared service functions to troubleshoot and resolve customer pricing errors.
- Partner with other shared service finance functions to better understand their capabilities and ability to drive meaningful profit improvement for the division. Champion HMD projects and drive HMD functional involvement where necessary.
- Provide clear, concise and accurate presentations/analysis to Senior Management with minimal lead time.
- Work in a cross functional environment including Finance, Sales, Global Strategic Pricing, Global Profitability Improvement and Marketing to create advanced financial analysis and reporting while effectively interpreting/communicating recommendations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of progressive Finance experience
- MBA preferred
- High level analytical capabilities with a record of successful financial modeling experience
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) effectively with senior management
- Proven leadership qualities
- Ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and teams
- Self starter, initiative and motivation to accomplish tasks with minimal direction
- Proven record of successful individual and team process improvement actions
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Excellent computer skills, specifically SQL, MS Excel and PowerPoint
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Prior experience working with pricing strategies
- 3-5 years in a large organization (matrix organizational structure)
- Prior experience supporting a large commercial organization
- Familiar with complex GPO pricing structures