When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Senior Marketing Manager for NGS Library Prep will lead the development and execution of marketing programs using a multi-channel go-to-market strategy. This experienced, dynamic manager will be a key member of the Marketing team and will work with a broad team, across multiple programs, and support our regional partners to contribute to the overall growth of the Molecular Biology Business, globally.
- Develop strategic marketing plans including analysis of customer segments, competitor analysis, business trends, and market opportunities.
- Develop and execute engaging, bold tactical marketing plans for new and/or existing products.
- Create and implement appropriate marketing content across multiple channels, including social media, web, video, print, and more.
- Develop sales force training and customer education material in collaboration with product management, R&D and commercial teams.
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external personnel including direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach.
- Work closely with regional marketing managers to build and execute marketing programs within their regions.
- Act as a brand ambassador, understanding, upholding, and communicating our multi-brand strategy in all aspects of our marketing programs.
- Coordinate with global functions to ensure consistency with brand profiles and company standards.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- 7+ years of experience developing marketing strategy and successfully implementing marketing plans for molecular biology reagents. Experience marketing NGS Library Prep kits strongly preferred.
- Proven collaboration and leadership skills working across broad functions working in a complex environment.
- Exceptional communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills necessary.
- Experience with product area marketing plans, general knowledge of operating plans or industry practices for promoting and selling similar products.
- Strong business acumen and customer focus are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science, engineering or related degree.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Masters (or higher) degree in Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline.
- Experience marketing NGS Library Prep kits or closely related products strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the following key competencies: 4Ps and marketing mix, marketing communication, communication channels, channels-to-market, segmentation, value proposition and marketing program development and execution.
- Experience with marketing and voice of customer VOC.
- MBA strongly preferred.
**This position has been approved for Relocation Assistance.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com