When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Technical Assistance Center - Support Engineer is an office based position that is responsible for customer and field engineer support activities with a focus on phone-based troubleshooting. The successful candidate must have the ability to utilize troubleshooting processes to diagnose and resolve technical issues on a variety of instruments. They should have the ability to manage service request and administrative responsibilities.
Additional responsibilities include customer relationship management, written documentation of service activities, and effective interaction and communication with internal personnel, manufacturing, and sales. They will represent the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- 1 - 2 years of experience with prior knowledge or use of Thermo Fisher Products
- 1+ years of prior instrument service experience
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve problems on electronic and mechanical instrumentation in a scientific laboratory environment
- Advanced software and computer literacy skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills, self-motivated and an effective team player
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Science or related field
- Previous Linux Operation knowledge
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze schematics, assembly drawings and wiring diagrams
- 2+ years of prior field service experience
- Previous experience with NEXGEN sequencing, Real-time PCR, Capillary Electrophoresis