Type of Tasks -Problem Solving-Interactions
- Determines method and procedures through application of advanced knowledge and standard protocols, and completes a variety of complex or difficult tasks
- Identifies and solves problems using defined procedures and policies
- Coordinates information and resources across different teams
Scope of Position
- Provides analytical support to Operations departments by preparing inventory data analysis, reports and summaries.
- Maintains reports, databases and systems for the monitoring and analysis of operations efficiencies.
- Analyzes operations issues/trends across assigned teams.
Independence/ Guidance Required
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature.
- Generally determines appropriate action by independently referencing operation and Finance policies and procedures and using proven approaches.
- Has contact with equivalent or higher levels of company employees and external suppliers.
- Interacts with all levels of internal customers
Working knowledge of:
- ERP system and site systems
Comprehensive knowledge of:
- Inventory control procedures
- Shipping and receiving
- Understanding and interpreting team metrics.
- Computer applications and current software (Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, Access)
Gaining proficiency in:
- Continuous improvement (CI) experience
- Data analysis and maintaining metrics
- Leads daily cycle count and ensures data is entered into ERP system
- Leads documentation of cycle count results and files documents according to policy
- Leads analysis and reconciliation of stock variances with root cause analysis
- Partners with senior team members to review root causes with respective department to ensure compliance of process workflows and procedure requirements
- Notifies Manufacturing Support Groups regarding the accuracy of all Bills of Material (BOM’s)
- Runs reports and may provide recommendations to increase operational efficiencies (e.g., Dead Lot report).
- Updates SOP documentation
- Leads verification and response to all complaints on stock transfer/ shipment inaccuracy.
Required education and experience or equivalent
- High School diploma or GED, or Regional equivalent required
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience
- Solid experience with ERP software is preferred.
- Computer experience required.
- ERP JDE and SAP experience is required
- Lean, and/or Green Belt/ Yellow Belt certification is desirable
- Role may require standing and walking, and sitting for extended periods.
- Many duties are performed while sitting at a desk or conference room, (e.g., operating a computer or typewriter, using a telephone, or writing and analyzing data and/or reports, attending meetings).
- May be required to work in a warehouse environment under various temperatures including room temperature (59–86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 – 23 degrees F).
- May be required to routinely push and pull and/or lift up to 40 lbs (20 kg) on a regular basis.
- May be required to walk and may occasionally sit, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- May be required to regularly climb and reach.
- May be required to handle “packaged” hazardous materials.
- May be required to work in a work environment where the noise level is usually moderate to high
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on multiple assignments concurrently, and meet standard response times and deadlines.
- Must have flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to reprioritize work quickly to meet changing demands.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and make recommendations via independent judgment and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to write routine correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently and independently follow policies and procedures, instructions, and to meet schedules required.
- Demonstrated ability, through work or non-work experiences, to consistently and accurately follow detailed instructions necessary
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules, hours, and overtime as needed.
- Demonstrated strong ability to work well within a team setting as well as independently.
- Possess good organizational skills and follow and improve department procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to remain detail oriented in fast paced, high volume environment.
- May require 0-25% travel