Job ID :
United Kingdom - Remote / Field
Role: Service Engineer
Role: Service Engineer
Location: Grove Park Enderby Leicester
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, and update Finesse (now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific) products at client sites as needed.
- Consult with customers regarding product operation, product optimization, technical troubleshooting and usage training.
- Aid in optimizing revenue and new product development opportunities while maintaining a high level of responsiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Help to cultivate customer satisfaction through ensuring prompt customer response times and problem resolution.
- Provides up-to-date service reporting on customer activities.
- Perform Site Acceptance Test (SAT) and Installation/Operational Qualification (IQ/OQ) Protocols.
- Provide regular updates to management on customer requests for new products and on competitive activity; provide customer feedback to hardware and software groups.
- Maintain a high level of integrity with existing and potential client base.
- Maximize the service potential for revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement technical assistance and product training to Sales group.
- Obtain customer software backups as necessary.
- Interface technically and assist in demonstration of Finesse products to potential customers.
- Unpack equipment, stage equipment in customer’s lab: Computers, Vessel stations (G3Lab Universals, G3Pro, etc.), TruLogic, Scales (if applicable), TCU (if applicable).
- Connect all process and network cables as well as utilities (electrical, chilled water, etc.).
- Verify communication between computers, TruLogic, vessel stations and additional equipment.
- High School diploma and minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience; or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, with 0-2 years of experience.
- Electrical/software or mechanical engineering or scientific background.
- Competent with Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Certified electrician or controls engineer.
- Delta V or other control software experience.
- Experienced with Single Use Technology (Upstream and/or downstream).
- Controls and Qualifications (C&Q) experience in facility, equipment or utilities.
- Knowledge of Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA), change control, deviations management and document management systems.