as the divisional finance leadership. The position will support a global team that effectively partners with the senior management of BPD to drive key operational decision making. The operations finance function works with senior management to drive productivity and supports global functions in procurement, planning, manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, quality and facilities as they relate to the BPD P&L. The leadership will contribute to the development and execution of the Operation team’s annual operating plan (AOP) and play an integral part in aligning operation team goals with division leadership expectations.
- Provides financial oversight and leadership for the operations divisional financials for weekly risk and opportunities, monthly reporting and forecasting, quarterly QBR reporting and leadership staff meetings.
- Drives the execution of the AOP by the accountable operations team members via robust business partner support and world class financial reporting.
- Develops and utilizes proactive, early indicator reporting metrics to communicate financial risk or opportunities in a timely manner to senior management.
- Implementation and oversight of appropriate systems, control/process standards, accounting principles, policies and reporting practices.
- Partner with Division Finance leader to solicit feedback to develop and implement step level improvements in reporting and continuously make process and system upgrades to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Drive continuous improvement with the current reporting roadblocks within Operations Finance. Create, develop and implement reporting solutions to help move function toward goal of elevating divisional reporting to the next level.
- Provide robust analysis which covers the areas of production volume planning, cost structure, capacity planning, S&OP, productivity, E&O, capital expenditure and inventory analysis etc.
- Build upon vision to elevate operations finance as a world class organization by executing on both the personnel and process improvement road map. Be a high performance, visible leader by leading by example. Elevate and train staff to assist in reaching our 2017 goal of being the most admired function within the group.
- Improve on tools utilized by site management to run business; Identify, communicate and recommend/implement corrective actions.
- Lead budgeting, forecasting, and financial/strategic planning activity for the BPD operations function.
- Implement new programs via coaching and mentoring that enhance the finance team members performance and organizational productivity.
- Perform ROI financial analysis/justifications of manufacturing site investment and cost reduction projects. Includes financial modeling to ensure appropriate resource allocation and return on investment.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance; preferably MBA and/or CMA or CPA certification
- 7-10 years of direct experience in financial analysis, reporting, and accounting leadership within a large, professionally managed operating company
- Manufacturing background with in-depth knowledge of GAAP, cost accounting, and financial reporting for a manufacturing organization
- Experience leading diverse global financial consolidations in an accurate and timely manner
- Demonstrated experience in a large, multinational, heavily matrixed organization
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills in large matrix organizations
- Ability to influence and engage business partners, peers , direct/indirect reports; Have ability to effectively interface with senior management
- Self-reliant, problem solver and results oriented
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Hyperion/HFM preferred
- Strong team building skills and proven ability to work with a diverse group of people in a global-matrixed environment
- Demonstrated success attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining high-potential talent
- Demonstrates and drives the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I’s)