When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The ULT repair technician, 2nd shift, will be a part of an extraordinary team that manufactures high end laboratory equipment for the scientific community. This includes manufacturing specialty equipment such as ultra low temperature(ULT) freezers.. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. You will be responsible for day to day achievement of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Productivity goals (SQDIP).
- Makes in-process electrical and mechanical repairs to production line units.
- Identifies problems/issues and works to resolve them within and outside the department.
- Replaces parts that are faulty or defective and pushes for resolution to recurring problems.
- Corrects faulty wiring.
- Brazes with different alloys and various combinations of copper and steel, using brazing technique, and assures proper flow of nitrogen through system to prevent oxidation.
- Responsible for rough pump/fine pump and refrigerant charging utilizing CFC universal certification.
- Responsible for transporting RMA’s and completed units to the shipping area using forklift.
- Diagnoses electrical and/or refrigeration failures and makes necessary repairs.
- Maintains specified records of defects and repairs as well as maintaining logbooks, records and insuring tracking and process sheets are completed.
- Uses sensitive test equipment such as ohm, volt, amp meter, etc.
- Returns defective purchased parts to MRB and completes defective part tickets and documents scrap for defective units
- Requires high school diploma or GED
- Basic Computer skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow wiring diagrams and blueprints as shown in SOE. Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels and work instructions.
- Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job. Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds.
- 1-2 years or more manufacturing/fabrication work experience.
- CFC Universal certification, brazing certification, and/or forklift certification preferred.