Job Title: Warehouse Operative (Job Title Material Handler I)
Reports To: Team Leader or Warehouse Manager
Job Track/ Career Band: Associate / 01
Position Location: Perth
Shift Rotating shift 40 hours
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
As part of a team, a warehouse operator works in the warehouse to help deliver distribution and warehouse results in line with the site strategy and specific objectives for the department/team including:
- Schedule adherence
- Training and Development
- Picking and packing of UK and export orders and stock management with minimal supervision.
- Complete training and qualification required to acquire all skills and flexibility in the warehouse in a safe and quality manner.
- Role-model the Thermo Fisher 4i Values and Operations Competencies and use as a day-to-day guide in decision making in your operating area.
- Utilise all available resources to achieve your operating area goals.
- Take accountability for the results, and responsibility for the decisions made in your operating area. Hence, you must ensure that you are clear on your role and responsibilities, operating principles, and that the operating systems are followed and maintained at all times.
- Establish and maintain the standards in your operating area for safety, quality, appearance, attendance/cover, and other operating systems. Personally role model implementation and execution of the systems and standards in your area to ensure full implementation of the daily cycle with all associated operating systems.
- Most importantly, support your manager and your team as requested to develop into a strong, autonomous and engaged team:
- Create an environment that encourages openness and team growth.
- Follow your manager’s expectations, set an example, provide meaningful, timely feedback about issues, review and learn to continuously improve your individual performance and business results.
- Learn by doing and teach by example, and promote ‘Review and Learn’ approach by setting personal example.
- Works in a warehouse environment and is required to work in varying temperatures. Up to 60% of time in cold room temperature down to 2oC. The job also requires some heavy lifting up to 25kgs.
Minimum Attributes/ Qualifications:
- Reliable and dependable.
- Communicates Openly - able to communicate effectively within and between teams and is effective in giving and receiving/acting upon feedback.
- Drive for Results - Ability and willingness to learn warehousing skills.
- Decision Quality - Attention to detail and a systematic approach.
- Problem Solving -Effective in technical and assisting with troubleshooting to find root cause.
- The ideal candidate for this position will need to be self-starting, focused on developing their personal and technical skills and should also be able to demonstrate the following skills/capabilities:
- Creating collaborative relationships by developing strong work relationships, displaying integrity and building credibility
- Delivering consistent results by being action oriented and demonstrating follow-through.
- Personally understanding/troubleshooting issues, setting clear priorities
- At least 4 standard Grades (or equivalent)
- Ideally FLT License
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Reliable and dependable
- Communication Openly - able to communicate effectively within and between teams.
- Ability and willingness to learn technical skills
- Attention to detail and a systematic approach
- Effective in technical and assisting with troubleshooting to find root cause.
- Standard Grade Mathematics (or equivalent)
- Computer Literate
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com