We are seeking a Senior Product Development Manager to join a newly formed team that will transform how we engage with researchers in the life science community. This exciting role will be part of the team that develops and delivers a novel customer loyalty strategy that will both delight our customers and change our personalized marketing initiatives for the Life Science Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Senior Product Development Manager for Loyalty will lead the implementation and expansion of the new loyalty program. The position reports to the Senior Director, BID Customer Loyalty Marketing and works closely with business and functional leaders, within the division and across the wider organization, as needed to deliver world class experience to our customers.
The professional who best fits this position is passionate about customer success, engagement and loyalty and is determined to deliver results through continuous improvement of our customers’ all around experience. To be successful, this professional must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment at a global level and collaborating with large cross-functional teams across the organization.
- Translates business vision into a multi-generational product development roadmap
- Leads the implementation of the loyalty program strategy to create, refine and expand the member digital ecosystem.
- Collaborates with IT partners to convert business needs into technical requirements for program build and expansion
- Partners with the project manager lead, loyalty team members and digital technology development group to develop and socialize the business case for program growth
- Consistently advocates for the business to ensure development efforts are aligned with the business vision and goals
- Drives ongoing management and measurement throughout program development from concept through to post-launch performance
- Responsible for delivering a high quality product to the market
- Owns the Loyalty Program expansion goals and objectives including program deliverables for time, scope and costs
- Accountable to achieve KPI targets as mutually established with the business and regularly reports to Senior Management on target performance
- As needed, manages any other cross-business or loyalty initiatives leading to improved customer experience
- 10 years of experience or more in product development area. Loyalty program and life science experience is a plus
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams, including UX and drive superior results
- Experience with planning, executing, and tracking large technology projects and budgets
- Analytics report design and strategy - understanding the appropriate KPIs to show success and setting appropriate metrics and targets
- Excellent (written and verbal) communication and interpersonal skills and ability to present to senior leaders on a regular basis
- Demonstrated ability to work across divisions and with partners to tackle business improvement problems
- Can operate independently with broad guidance against a framework of defined business objectives
- Collaborative and able to build strong relationships quickly
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Certified Scrum Product Owner qualification preferred