Job Title: Technical Project Manager
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $17 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
• Minimum 3 years as project manager of all phases of technical projects including teams of 10+ people.
• Strong understanding of and applied experience with Agile development principles.
• Ability to coach teams in the scrum master capacity.
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic development environment with matrix reporting structure.
• Strong facilitation skills.
• Ability to multi-task in a very fast- paced environment, between multiple projects and post-project support.
• Strong time management skills, prioritization abilities and independently “take ownership”.
• Responsible to ensure appropriate business processes, data quality, and systems delivery.
• Ability to define business processes, data needs, and requirements, write use and business cases.
• Experience on the Biotech and Life Science industries is required
• Experience with Product Introduction, eBusiness, ERPs and Manufacturing is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, including able to interact with all level of management and below effectively.
• Work with developers to translate user stories and requirements into technical specifications.
• Able to work effectively with dispersed, remote and global teams.
• Expected to follow Company’s governance processes and methodologies.
• Able to manage projects even without domain technology expertise by leveraging experts.
• Working experience implementing project with regulatory and compliance components (FDA, HIPAA, etc)
Skills & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience, and/or Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum 10+ years industry experience including 3 years experience in progressively more responsible Project Management roles. Previous experience in Clinical-Molecular Medical, Research & Development or Healthcare a regulated manufacturing environment. biotechnology and/or Life Science industry-
- Agile Scrum Master certification required
- PMI -PMP (Project Management Professional) certification recommended.
- PMI -ACP (Agile Certified Professional) certification is a plus
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification is a plus
- Technical skills in manufacturing techniques, FDA, ISO 13485, & cGMP compliance and Quality Systems for medical device manufacturing is a plus
- Proven ability to lead complex programs from inception to completion successfully
- Ability to resolve most day-to-day issues and develop mitigation plans.
- Solid skills using MS Office, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Prior experience of large-scale complex eBusiness programs highly desired
- Agile experience is required
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task and balance complex and routine work activities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to work as a team player and team builder.
- Excellent communication skills for group presentations and intercompany written and verbal communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.