Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of IT Software QA experience
- Experience with Web Technologies, eCommerce systems testing
- Experience with FDA, GMPs and ISO regulations preferred.
- Experience in applying quality management best practices and implementing application lifecycle management that includes requirements management, test planning and execution, defects tracking and reporting, test automation and results analysis
- Test automation and tools experience (Selenium) is a plus
- Experience in UFT is a plus
- Exposure to ERP systems is a plus (JDE Enterprise One and SAP/E1) ,CRM systems (Siebel)
- Experience with testing tools, primarily HPALM/JIRA is a plus
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle in a waterfall and agile/iterative model
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail are essential, as is the ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies
- Good Team player, good written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in working with off-shore teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with various test methods including Agile for GUI based system testing, performance testing, acceptance testing, regression testing, etc.
- Experience with enterprise class relational databases.
- Participation in Projects and Production Support Efforts, coordinate with off-shore
- Testing of the order processing system consisting of multiple technologies of web, ERP, CRM, middleware and database.
- Perform black-box and white-box testing, provide feedback on usability, report bugs relating to the application, verify bug fixes provided by developers, and take appropriate action based on the correctness of the bug fixes
- Creation of Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Matrices that will be executed from HP Quality Center.
- Documenting and tracking defects though the software development life cycle.
- Perform regression testing and maintain Regression Suite.
- Actively participate and contribute to defining test scope, coverage, and overall strategy for projects.
- Create and execute Selenium scripts