IT Business Analyst
Research and Safety Division
Roles and Responsibilities
Work with key stakeholders and across the enterprise to create and submit commercially viable specifications and acceptance criteria for information systems.
- Become a subject matter expert on our data, processes, and business methodologies
- Identify business process improvement opportunities and drive for continuous improvement via the different forums of MOB / PPI /Gemba / Kaizan.
- Lead workshops with business/IT colleagues from multiple areas to build and agree business requirements. Further elicit requirements using interviews, data analysis, business process descriptions, cases, scenarios, business analysis, and workflow analysis
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements for the creation of application features, enhancements, and functions.
- Develop solution concept and estimate business and IT effort to successfully implement.
- Develop project charter in collaboration with PM / Business and help define the business case (Project Sponsor is the owner) to get AR approval - New
Manage and control business process re-engineering MOB / Projects and be the end responsible to successfully implement them within budget / time and agreed quality.
- Be a liaison between product development, technology, and internal business units
- Collaborate with technical staff to determine system specifications and requirements Counsel and advise users on system capabilities and processes
- Work with development and business personnel to develop and execute plans to test and validate systems/applications and business requirements ‐ including developing user documentation, first draft of training materials, manual updates, and field communications
- Execute or supervise the execution of those test cases and scripts
- Initiate and lead IT systems conference room pilots with business users
Maintain relationships with business stakeholders / VSMs / Gatekeepers / Process Owners / Key Users within the European/Global business and IT.
- Advise other departments affected by the development, maintenance, and implementation of all applicable systems
Ensure process integration and best practices are applied in all IT projects where RSD CCG is impacted.
- Develop requirements according to documentation standards
- Work with business functions to create the testing plan, cases, and scripts
- Convert the requirements and design documents into a set of testing cases and scripts that can be used to verify that the system meets the client needs
Stay up to date with industry trends and new IT tools capabilities.
- Embodies the 4-I values: Leads, motivates, enables and inspires others to succeed using appropriate styles. Has a clear vision of what is required and acts as a positive role model.
- Drives continuous learning: Proactively supports change and adapts to changing circumstances. Encourages others to embrace change.
- Builds organizational relationships: Promotes collaboration and cross functional working. Understands the impacts of decisions on other parts of the organization.
- Leverages business acumen: Evaluates data and prioritises actions to reach logical and profitable business decisions.
- Builds customer allegiance: Exceeds customer expectations by displaying total commitment to providing solutions of the highest possible standards.
- Communicates openly: Communicates effectively at all levels and across borders to successfully influence others.
- Drives growth: Actively influences events and proactively acts on opportunities. Initiates action and drives growth and improvement in processes and results.
- Develops people including self: Drives continuous learning. Champions’ employee development and growth.
Competency Requirements and Qualifications:
• Change management – Experience in handling the impacts of implementing changes in an organisation. Handling critical situations, conflicts and delivering tough messages.
• People Skills and Change Management Skills - the ability to cooperate with different levels of people (C-Level executives, business management and end users.) eg defend a solution concept.
- Certifications in ITIL, Prince2 or other relevant IT Best Practices certification.
- Solid knowledge of ERP systems, ideally IBS, and ancillary components (Forms, Interfaces, DWH, BI, CRM, SFA) in a supply-chain environment.
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated software and system management tools.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
- Familiarity with fields related to e-business development and general knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Operational experience of implementing vendor supplied ERP’s
- Have operational experience of working for an end user Organisation with a multi-site/ Multi-country ERP.
- Ability to rank risks and prioritise actions whilst handling multiple areas of operations.
- Initiates action, setting clearly defined objectives. Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organised way.
- Clear analytical thinking getting the heart of complex problems and issues
- Effective at both communication and networking, establishing good relationships, building effective networks, relating well to people at all level and managing conflicts.
- Handles opportunities and problems with innovation and creativity with the ability to think broadly and strategically.
- Able to communicate fluently in spoken and written English.