When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Anatomical Pathology Division (APD) provides laboratories with the broadest portfolio of instrument and consumable solutions, from specimen collection and grossing to advanced staining and cover slipping. The Division generates $400MM in annual revenue and has 1,500 employees in 13 countries. The anatomical pathology product line includes Richard Allan Scientific, Erie Scientific, Microm, Shandon, and Lab Vision.
The Team Leader, Distribution position assists the Distribution Supervisor to achieve an efficient workflow within the Distribution department as needed to meet departmental and company goals. The Team Leader, Distribution oversees a team of Distribution Associates who are responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in shipping, receiving, picking, packing, inspection, and material handling. Specific job related training will be required for this role.
- Responsibilities include monitoring accurate and timely receipt of product, accurate and timely material movement, generating pick slips, physically putting together shipments, processing shipping documentation and entering inventory transfers in the JDE system, inventory cycle counting, review and resolution of inventory discrepancies and shipping errors
- Responsible for the scheduling, assignment, and oversight of employees. Provide coverage for the Distribution Supervisor in their absence
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and ISO 9001 standards with respect to shipping, receiving, and material handling activities
- Assists in analyzing and correcting problems encountered during daily operations in order to perform work according to SOP’s
- Addresses employee relation concerns
- Conducts semi and annual employee Performance Reviews, and provide employees constructive feedback when needed
- Holds regular coaching, goal setting, and performance meetings with employees to continually improve the services and nurtures an environment where the staff can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
- Stay up-to-date of all company policy changes and new procedures
- Ensure safety of employees and compliance with all health and safety policies/guidelines
- Conduct new-hire training and assist in safety training
- Participate in team/special/PPI projects
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Distribution Supervisor
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- The Distribution environment is subject to dust, heat and noise conditions
- Standing for extended periods of time, including bending and twisting
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Minimum of 4 years of distribution experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Prior leadership and/or supervisory experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and motivate a team to optimal performance
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written with the ability to relate well to employees and peers
- High degree of accuracy and decision-making ability
- Flexibility for training and covering all shifts
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues
- Excellent organizational skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, database and internet based programs)
- Driver’s License and ability to be licensed to operate Forklift equipment
- Some travel - up to 5%