Job ID :
US - North Carolina - Asheville
- At work on time every day and in your work area when scheduled. Works overtime and weekends when needed to accomplish production goals.
- Coordinates record keeping by maintain related documents, logs, and files for the department.
- Performs pay point transactions in BaaN.
- Accurately processes parts orders, maintains transactions and troubleshoots problem transactions to insure inventory accuracy.
- Opens fabrication production orders.
- Creates press shop order packets.
- Closes press shop orders, in Press Tracking and in Baan.
- Reorders raw materials and finished parts using the Kanban inventory system. Maintains Supermarket racks and inventory accuracy using the correct part numbers and bin locations.
- Maintains steel bay inventory and orders steel for press shop consumption.
- Makes accurate inventory transfers between departments.
- Pulls parts from market shelves, loads tugger carts and processes Kanban cards.
- Moves parts, components, finished goods manually or with work aids including hand jacks, hoists or fork trucks (once certified.)
- Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations in fabrication. Cross training and flexibility required.
- References work instructions and reviews print specifications to determine proper materials and set-up to accomplish production requirements.
- Reads and interprets specifications and drawings.
- Visually inspects assembly for quality standards.
- Verifies dimensions and makes adjustments as needed to ensure proper fit and specified tolerances are maintained.
- Advises supervisor of quality problems and the status of jobs. Works with production personnel, other operators, Supervisor and/or the engineering staff to troubleshoot problems.
- Properly tracks and disposes of scrap and completes non-conforming tickets. Directly responsible for all scrap/rework that is created by his/her cell.
- Verifies and completes job routing by signing router sheet, submitting orders to be closed and parts to be posted to inventory.
- Uses a wide range of small hand tools such as hammer, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, sockets, Allen wrenches, etc.
- Trains and mentors new employees or transitioning workers in the area.
- Receives verbal instructions, reads production board or confers with Supervisor or Coordinators for instructions and priorities.
- Maintains clean and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety, efficiency, quality and customer demands.
- Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions and opinions of others regarding production issues and goals.
- Performs all job duties within ISO standards
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices.
- Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values, serves as a role model in the workplace.
- Fully engaged, initiates activities that support department and team goals, suggests improvements in work methods and is actively involved with all of the team activities within the department.
- Participates on teams using Microsoft software for data analysis or presentations. Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete on line training and complete PMDs.
- Supports Continuous Improvement PPI, and Lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Education – Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Experience - 6 - 12 months data entry, inventory control and/or metal fabrication is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, experience with Baan is a plus. The ability to troubleshoot inventory transactions and make corrections with previous experience in metal fabrication and lean manufacturing environments preferred.
- Frequent and continuous light to moderate lifting, repetitive handling and maneuvering of awkward metal pieces is required. Walking, reaching, bending, and good eye, hand, foot coordination is all necessary. Occasional lifting of heavy dies is required.
- Exposed to possible severe hazards, multiple pinch points and general safety issues associates with sheet metal fabrication. Works in hot, cold, dusty, elevated and noisy area.