Job ID :
New Zealand - Palmerston North
- Achieve and exceed sales territory financial targets including:
- Revenue and order intake.
- Gross Margin (including percentage and contract pricing management).
- Expenses within agreed levels & ensure cost effective travel planning.
- Grow business in line with company targets:
- Develop and maintain a sales opportunity funnel in line with targets.
- Focus on growing existing accounts (SOW) and developing new business (SOM).
- Proactively follow up and assist our customers with appropriate solutions.
- Identify opportunities across all business units within Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Manage customer relationships and be a ‘supplier of choice’.
- Fully utilise salesforce.com to maximise the benefit to yourself and your colleagues.
- Publicise Thermo Fisher Scientific and proactively approach the customer base via planned and targeted calls.
- Utilise internal resources effectively and work closely with Product Managers, Product Specialists, and Category Leaders.
- Ensure that an effective customer contact program is being implemented and managed so as to maximise sales growth & key customer relationships:
- 80/20 customer management.
- Value proposition presented at all calls.
- Face to face calling targets - 30 calls per week.
- Pre-planning of sales calls in order to achieve objectives.
- Call planning and reporting in SalesForce.com.
- Database & mailing list maintenance/updates.
- Build strong relationships with accounts at the influencer/key decision maker level.
- Ensure that sales territory and customer e-commerce targets are achieved
- Develop and implement key account plans and strategies in line with marketing and sales management objectives:
- Key product line targets met.
- Key promotions and marketing programs implemented.
- Key account plan objectives implemented and measured quarterly.
- Use of standard key account planning format for identified customers.
- Use of SalesForce.com as a key reporting and management tool.
- Report and communicate internally in order to ensure opportunities are being maximised and customer (external & internal) expectations are being met:
- Deliver to required reporting deadlines.
- Update Product Managers and Management team on activities, progress to goals, & market intelligence (via SalesForce.com & general feedback).
- Communication re: performance to target – wins/issues.
- Meet key performance standards and exceed customer expectations in terms of service levels: response time, complaint resolution and management, follow ups and provision of information, etc.
Qualifications & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in a scientific field is essential.
- Previous laboratory experience or similar technical support role.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Comprehensive knowledge and confidence in the sales process.
- Previous Sales experience with accountability for achievement of KPI’s and Financial Targets.
- High standard of computer literacy.