This finance leader will be expected to develop into a strong business partner of the VP Operations by initiating and implementing actions to increase earnings and cash flow, actively participating in all key operation initiatives and creating awareness as to the business issues and opportunities. Provide guidance to the VP of Operations on operations strategy in regard to restructuring, outsourcing, footprint optimization, site consolidation, sourcing, productivity, cash flow and capital expenditures.
- Provide financial modeling and scenario analysis for strategies and initiatives as identified by leadership team (i.e. Outsourcing, footprint optimization / Site Consolidation, restructuring, etc). Ensure alignment of local goals and initiatives with overall corporate goals and initiatives.
- Develop robust process and scorecards to provide visibility to savings, restructuring costs, investments and overall financial performance on execution on all Operations initiatives.
- Drive rigorous and transparent financial reporting (i.e. warranty, scrap, freight, LCR manufacturing, sourcing / PPI savings, distribution cost, backlog and backorder) metrics, financial planning and analysis, and budgeting throughout the business to support business decisions.
- Provide ongoing analytical and reporting support to Operations team on freight and logistics costs, inventory and production volume, overhead spending, warranty and E&O performance.
- Establish relationships with senior management level individuals across the division to define practices and strategies to add value and maintain cost effectiveness.
- Oversee development of annual budget and periodic forecast requirements for Operations.
- Ensure adherence to Divisional Approval Authority Matrix/Corporate accounting policies.
- Work with SIOP team, Commercial Finance and Business Unit Finance team to drive effective SIOP process, improve Inventory Management and reduce E&O charges
- An undergraduate degree is required; an MBA and/or a Certified Public Accountant designation (CPA) are strongly desired. An ideal candidate will possess excellent academic credentials, a strong technical foundation in accounting, as well as broad business and operational finance capabilities.
- The successful candidate will be a well-rounded finance leader with an operational focus. He/she should have a minimum of fifteen years of progressively responsible business experience.
- The successful candidate also has very good overall business skills; he/she does not limit the scope of responsibilities to accounting, but helps to develop solutions to broad business issues. Experience in a global manufacturing organization is desired, as is experience in installation of financial systems and development of product cost methodologies.
- Superior quantitative and analytical capabilities with Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills; Strong financial systems capabilities (HFM, SAP).
- Must be able to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks in a complex environment with strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- The successful candidate is bright, personable, highly ethical, and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- He/she has excellent, open, and proactive communication capabilities, identifying and addressing issues via an open, candid dialog.
- Outstanding leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Track record of developing meaningful relationships at all levels within an organization – at both the business unit and divisional level, and can operate effectively in a matrixed reporting structure.
- Engaged, field-oriented leader, who values frequent interactions and dialog with subordinates, peers, and the company’s leadership team.
- High level of energy; can bring a passion to excel.
- Able to energize and influence a wide spectrum of people, including senior financial and operational professionals.
- Assertive, yet collaborative in approach.
- Possess a strong set of personal and business values that coincide with those of the 4I’s (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation & Involvement).
- Believes in and demands accountability.
- Ability to thrive and manage in a complex business environment.