When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Assists with operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment.
- Participates in 5 S functions.
- Assist with daily cycle counting.
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records for discrepancies between inventor and stock control records and recommends remedial action to resolve discrepancies.
- Must perform C-TPAT (Custom Trading Partners Against Terrorism) duties.
- Operation of WMS (Warehouse Management System).
- Place labels on products, both inner and outer cases.
- Practice First In and First Out.
- Operation of a sit-down and stand-up forklift.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Min 1 year related experience and/or training.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Windows based spreadsheet and word-processing experience (Word & Excel, UPS/FedEx online system), WMS system
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Forklift Certification (sit-down, reach truck, and order picker)
- Ability to follow directions and procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to work as a team and demonstrate flexibility with a busy environment.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions.
- Knowledge of shipping requirements (UPS, Fedex, etc., both international and domestic
- At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.