In this newly created position we are looking for a Service Manager who will for formalize and build the technical support specialist team infrastructure for Laboratory Equipment products within the New South Wales and Queensland region of Australia.
This role involves managing field service engineers supporting these products and working with the sales organization to ensure resource planning for laboratory equipment sales and installations and promote the organization to drive business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Lead field based LE service engineers in QLD and NSW to ensure annual budget achievement and successful integration of Thermo Fisher processes.
- Develop a vision and strategy for the creation of a technical knowledge base to capture and leverage common issues for trouble-shooting customer problems.
- Work with the LE service manager to formalize and build a service support model for ANZ to drive the support success in the LE in NSW & QLD.
- Ensure effective resolution on resolving customer questions/issues related to technical support.
- Manage the customer complaint escalation process, working with quality team to resolve technical customer complaints and issues.
- Manage the strategic activities of technical specialists and LE engineers in QLD & NSW.
- Coach, mentor, and strengthen the Technical Service Team and the willingness to hold team members accountable in cases of ongoing deficiencies.
- Collaborate with global colleagues to develop best in class processes, practices and systems to ensure consistency throughout key Thermo Fisher Scientific service work groups.
- Maintain and analyze department metrics & procedures to identify areas for process improvement/efficiency gains.
- To work on continuous improvements with staffing to provide training and development plan to ensure high quality personnel are cross trained and effectively utilized geographically within the organization.
- Tertiary qualification in an engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in delivering field service in a customer environment.
- Technically capable of understanding the product range.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously , set priorities and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational, analytical, process and communication skills.
- Process oriented, committed to continuous improvements.
- Proven leadership and people management/development skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.