Assists in organizing the staff and workload to meet or exceed productivity performance standards for Managed Services. Provides functional supervision to team members by performing site coverage as needed. May assist in the cross training of associates and the training of new hires.
Under the direction of the Site Supervisor:
- Facilitates and directs team meetings
- Identifies training and site service personnel skills enhancement opportunities and report to the supervisor.
- Collects time cards and check for completeness prior to submission to the supervisor.
- Assists with preparing performance appraisals for site personnel.
- Reviews site employee errors and trains/coaches so potential errors are eliminated.
- Provides daily on-going training
- Direct the workflow of the team in support of contractual obligations and in line with established best practices.
- Acts as subject matter expert to answer employee, customer and sales representative’s questions and resolve problems. Expertise should include:
- Detailed knowledge of customer pricing agreements and relevant systems
- Work instructions
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Best Practices
- At the direction of the Supervisor, can be tasked with gathering data to support the maintenance of records that may include time cards/sheets, training data, etc.
- Assists with data collection, report generation and site metric development in support of contractual obligations and best practice methodologies.
- Embraces PPI methodologies.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross functional team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a High School Diploma
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must have three to five years of progressive relevant experience
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Demonstrates basic leadership concepts
- Have demonstrated initiative in previous work experience
- Expanded tactical thinking that considers the impact on the broader organization
- Show concern for well-being & success of others
- Must possess a high level of communication skills to provide guidance to others in performing the work, to effectively present information and respond to questions or customer service requests and interact with various levels of the customer’s organization.
- Must be able to provide suggestions for corrective action and preventive customer service.
- Must be organized and detail oriented to be able to prioritize own and other’s work and meet business productivity metrics.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc)
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
- Must be able to work overtime as required