"What I do at Thermo Fisher Scientific extends outward - to my coworkers, to the scientific community and to people around the world who benefit from our innovative thinking and advanced technology."
-Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee
Job Title: Sr. Quality Specialist
Requisition ID: 51926BR
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Position Summary: The candidate will provide quality engineering expertise and leadership in oversight of products manufactured globally but managed out of Chelmsford, MA. The candidate will drive continuous improvement of product quality and customer satisfaction through monitoring and analysis of identified quality indicators, and lead change efforts for enhancements.
- Capture dispersed product data and intelligence into a cohesive, actionable portfolio.
- Communicate product quality portfolios to applicable management teams.
- Solve challenges related to customer complaints, product performance and product quality, working with both R&D and Sustaining Engineering teams.
- Team with Supplier Quality, Sourcing and third-party manufacturers to build a strong and effective supply chain partnership.
- Identify and execute on process and product improvements along with Sustaining Engineering and third-party suppliers.
- Team with R&D to establish and execute Quality Plans for new products.
- Incorporate Water Purification into the established site Quality Management System and ISO 9001 certificate.
- 5-10 years of experience as a Quality Engineer, Supervisor or Manager, or similar role, in a technical manufacturing environment
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline or comparable demonstrated skills and aptitude.
- Outstanding analytical acumen
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to effectively interact remotely with global colleagues
- Capacity to work independently and to influence those over which you have no direct authority
- Position requires approximately 20% travel, domestic and international
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com