Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, our company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and supports the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team of 3200 people is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Check out these video’s and SW blogs
- FEI’s corporate organization https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
- FEI’s life sciences business https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxfPTJt1NEA
- Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- Insight in Avizo 3d SW https://www.fei.com/software/avizo-3d/
- Blog ASG SW Technical lead Eindhoven http://www.talentbox.nl/blogs/3/gl6zc7-achieve-breakthroughs-by-electron-microscopes-
- Blog ASG designer Eindhoven http://www.brainporttalentbox.com/blogs/3/iwdy98-building-software-related-applications-for-electron-microscopes-
If you want to help accelerate discoveries that change our world for the better, look no further than MSD. We need motivated and inspired professionals with experience to strengthen our R&D organization. We are devoted to bringing leading technologies to different markets with high quality products and services. A part of the R&D organization is the application software group (ASG), which is committed to bringing value-adding and game changing software solutions to our customers that help them with their success. The application software group is a multi-site development organization (Eindhoven, Bordeaux, Hillsboro, and Brno).
We have a position for a Senior Software Designer/ Lead C# in the application software group in Eindhoven. This group is responsible for the development of automation/application software for Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM) and especially in the area of data acquisition and processing.
The Senior Software Designer/ Lead C# is responsible for the full software development cycle of new features, product enhancement and new applications for one of our development programs. Your assignment will be a mixture of architecture, design, implementation test and integration of software in our products.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Senior Software Designer/ Lead C# with a profound knowledge of full system software development from the embedded platform up-to the operator facing applications.
You are eager to learn and drive our architecture. You will drive the technical roadmap and participate “hands on” in the development of the software. Experience with embedded SW platform development is a pre.
Qualifications and skills of the Senior Software Designer/ Lead C# include an ability to lead and motivate people and encourage teamwork, an ability to communicate effectively with senior management, and a clear vision of what determines a successful product for the customer and for the company.
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary technical environment to solve complex technical problems. If you enjoy the development of software solutions on top of high-performance systems, this is an excellent opportunity.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires MSc, PDEng or PhD in computer science, software engineering, system engineering, or equivalent.
- 7-10+ years of applicable experience in a multidisciplinary high-tech development environment
- Preference for development experience on top of highly-integrated, high-performance systems used in semiconductor capital equipment or related industries.
- Must demonstrate clear ability to develop software for complex, high-performance systems
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills are required due to the high degree of interaction and collaboration across functional groups and multisite development.
- Ability to handle diverse objectives and problems where analysis of situation or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors.
Qualified candidates should have proven ability to program using one or more of the following languages and techniques within the listed development environments:
- Object Oriented design and State Modeling
- C#/.NET (WPF/Prism, Winforms/CAB, WCF)
- Visual Studio, Windows XP/7
Further preference given for hands on experience with one or more of the following areas:
- Agile/Scrum Development
- Model Driven designs and Domain Specific languages
- Component Development (ATL/COM)
- C++ (STL/Boost)
- As a Senior Software Designer/ Lead C# we expect you to show leadership, decisiveness and ability to influence your stakeholders to deploy software architecture changes and development methods (influence without authority).
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills are required due to the high degree of interaction and collaboration (multi-site)
- Good communicational skills (both written and verbal) and good knowledge of English
- Team player
- Candidate must be able to work in a cross-disciplinary scrum team in a dynamic product development environment
- Strong analytical view combined with pragmatic attitude (flexibility)
- Value orientation, getting to the essence, setting and acting according to priorities
- Result orientation
- Curious, fast learning (mostly on the job)
- You are eligible for passport and able to travel in Europe and the US.