Job Title: Field Application Scientist
Requisition ID: 51807BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
- Support our customers in the area of next generation sequencing and microarray systems.
- Provide trainings and consultations on the use and maintenance of Ion Torrent instruments, software, reagents and consumables.
- Provide consultations on NGS assay designs, product selection, applications and usage.
- Provide bioinformatics training and assistance to customers.
- Demonstrate the technical advantages of Thermo Fisher Scientific products to sales staff and customers through seminars, workshops, demonstrations etc.
- Interact with local, regional and global colleagues to ensure sharing of knowledge.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers.
- +3 years of hands-on work experiences in NGS.
- IT knowledge and basic system administration skills are required.
- Proven technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in a wide range of technologies and applications for life sciences are a plus.
- Ability to express complex technical information clearly and concisely to various stakeholders both orally and in written form.
- Ability to deliver good presentations in both Mandarin and English.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Able to work effectively to meet aggressive schedules.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively work within team and with cross functional groups.
- Ability to think and implement from a customer-centric perspective.
- MSc or Ph. D. in molecular biology, genetics or related field.
- Travel within Taiwan will be required.
- Ability to drive is preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.