Reports to: Picking Leader
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain RF scanning guns and change batteries as needed. Report equipment problems to Picking - Lead.
- Prioritize, read and understand work orders and customer orders. Locate raw materials or finished goods and scan materials out of inventory using an RF gun.
- Pull items and deliver to production area or packing stations.
- Print and apply applicable product labels (pick for packing only).
- Must learn to operate turret truck, order picker, and motorized pallet jack. Keep work area clean and organized.
- Perform all other duties assigned by management.
Decision Making Authority
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Must have good mathematical skills, ability to read, comprehend directions, safety rules, packing slips, production schedules.
- High School Diploma not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be able to read, comprehead and follow direction.
- Ability to understand safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to have a flexiable work schedule and work overtime when needed which could include nights or weekends.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Physical/Environmental requirements. (Refer to Physical Requirement Reference Sheet when completing this section.) Identify all requirements that apply to the essential job functions. (List specific activities.)
(1) Physical Activities: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly (more than 2/3 of the time) required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently (between 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) is required to climb or balance. The employee is frequently (between 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
(2) Level of Physical Requirements: The employee must regularly (more than 2/3 of the time) lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, frequently (between 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally (less than 1/3 of the time) lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. .
(3) Level of Visual Acuity: Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
(4) Environmental Conditions: Minimum of eight (8) hours per shift, five (5) days per week. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly (more than 2/3 of the time) exposed to fork lift traffic. The noise level of the work environment is usually loud. Fast paced environment.