Job Title: Production Operator- DAY SHIFT
Requisition ID: 52375BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Arrive to work on time and work during scheduled hours, working additional overtime as needed.
- Follow all written procedures. Report discrepancies in procedures (SOP’s, DHR’s, etc.) to the Area Supervisor.
- Maintain good personal hygiene. Wear designated uniform maintained in good condition.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment as required. Refer to job specific job Safety Analysis.
- Perform all work activities in a safe manner. Maintain a safe and clutter free work area. Clean up all spills immediately.
- Listen to, follow and relay written and verbal instructions in English.
- Report property damage and /or safety hazards to the Supervisor, Human Resources, Safety Specialist or Senior Management immediately.
- Document accurately and check personal work for quality and compliance.
- Efficiently and safely operate assigned machinery. Perform simple maintenance and report malfunctioning equipment immediately to Supervisor or Lead.
- Demonstrate job functions to coworkers as needed.
- Continuously monitor product for defects.
- Assist with inventory process as requested.
- Work cooperatively and efficiently with coworkers in all departments with little supervision to achieve team, department and company goals.
- Efficiently and safely operate assigned machinery. Perform simple maintenance and make necessary adjustments.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area. This includes all assigned equipment.
- Accurately dispense required additives to media and properly perform technique of getting pH balance as needed.
- Package products as required.
- Complete production assignments in a timely manner and in accordance with departmental schedules.
- Obtain correct materials for operation needs from warehouse or staging area.
- Read, understand and complete required documentation. All paperwork shall be accurately and neatly completed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for insuring the safe and proper performance of procedures associated with the production line you are working on.
- Organize production flow, making sure that materials are available, estimating progress of line, and scheduling breaks while corresponding to production time schedule.
- Do document review and production checks on your work.< >Maintain a disciplined environment and enforce departmental and company policies.
>Investigate and remedy, when possible, production failures.
>Set up and adjust machine to run a variety of sizes and types using tools to adjust machine.
>Help to maintain quality assurance on your position at all times.
>Sign off on DHR’s in proper places and fill in pertinent information in accordance to SOP’s.
>Comply with all company personnel policies.In addition, other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
< >Must be able to communicate, both written and verbally, using the English language.
>Must be able to comprehend and follow both written and/or verbal English communications.
>Must be able to perform basic math.
>Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and push/pull up to 600 lbs wheeled kettles.
>Stand for sustained periods of time, approximately 10 hours a day.
>Ability to see and distinguish colors.Preferred Qualifications:
< >Must have a high school degree or equivalent from an accredited institution.
>Must be able to communicate, both written and verbally, using the English language.
>Must be able to comprehend and follow both written and/or verbal English communications.At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.