Systems Administrator / Active Directory
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Under general guidance of the management team and assigned mentor(s), we are searching for a candidate to fill a position for a Systems Administrator, working in our Active Directory team. Primary job responsibilities will fluctuate based on department needs and candidate skillset. The candidate hired for this role will assist or directly perform many of the activities related to system administration such as operating system installations, access control list maintenance, data backup and recovery, and system patching. Additionally, with a focus dedicated to our enterprise-wide Directory Services infrastructure, the engineer will assist in or directly configure and maintain core services such as Active Directory (AD), Domain Name Services (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Virtual Directory Services (VDS), AD Federated Services (ADFS) and all related infrastructure. Employees are expected to respond to alert and alarm conditions to troubleshoot and repair immediate break/fix issues, accept issue escalations from other support teams, and works assigned projects.
- Fulfills work requests and resolves issues presented to the team through our corporate Service Desk Management tool for work prioritization and tracking.
- Assists with the integration of new acquisitions and various department projects.
- Participates in the 24x7 on-call pager rotation, responding to alerts from our Global Command Center or Major Incident Managers for issues within their scope.
- Minimum of 3 years of paid professional Information Technology experience in a medium to large enterprise environment.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience configuring and managing server and/or applications on a physical and/or virtualized environment.
- Associates or higher degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other technical field is desired. Further professional experience in Information Technology may be substituted and considered.
- Experience using an ITSM (IT Service Management) ticketing tool and proper ticket management best practices are desired.
- Previous ITIL experience and/or training is favorable.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with proven ability to work through a problem logically to its successful resolution.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, are a hard requirement for this position.
- Ability to work calmly through high-pressure situations.
- Ability to work well with managers, engineers and employees across different technical and business departments.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.