Do you enjoy creating results in a fast-paced environment? Are you looking for a professional challenge where you can use both your strong technical knowledge and your relationship building skills in a customer oriented role then this could be the job for you.
We are currently looking for an Application Specialist (Chromatography GC GCMS) to support sales and customers in both pre & post-sales contexts to include product demonstrations, sales calls, technical advice and training to sales colleagues, customer visits, application development, scientific events, customer support, customer product focused training and field marketing within the European Sales Support team with focus on the Nordic region.
The ideal candidate will be based in greater Copenhagen area, southern Sweden or near a major airport hub, and will support customers primarily in the Nordic region. The position works closely with sales, field service engineers and technical support. The position requires travel up to 50% of the time, sometimes on short notice.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the Nordic Chromatography and TEA sales support team to meet identified goals
- Manage allocated application/demonstration/training requests ensuring timely and efficient top class deliveries
- Provide high quality and effective pre- and post-sales support working closely with factory based product and vertical marketing teams, other product line, service and sales teams
- Ensure training activities are provided to customers in a timely manner while focusing on customers satisfaction and continually improving customer relationship leading to future business opportunities with the customer
- Identify potential marketing and sales collateral buy monitoring demos and apps project and sharing such work/result with manager
- Stay current on scientific and industry trends and innovations
We believe you have the following experience/qualifications/qualities:
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or similar
- Excellent product line knowledge with several years GC/GCMS hands-on product experience (application level) – including IT as well as Chromatography Data systems
- Experience in a customer-facing role and/or providing technical and scientific presentation to a variety of audiences
- Additional experience in Chromatography and/or Mass Spectroscopy is a positive asset
- Strong commercial acumen with excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Fluent in major Nordic language (Danish or Swedish) as well as professional level of English
- Clean driving license
What we can offer:
- A career in an international company with a global impact
- Access to the brightest minds within your field
- Development through continuous learning and developing skills and abilities
- Cooperation with colleagues and teams across business areas
- Opportunity to make a difference
We look forward to receiving your application to include a motivational letter of application and CV in English.
Application deadline is August 17th 2017.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Heidi Lund-Nielsen, Sr. Recruiter Nordics via email; firstname.lastname@example.org