When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Sales Support and Quotation Specialists works alongside various members of the Fisher Scientific Safety team to respond to RFPs and other revenue growth projects. The position is dedicated to supporting the sales team in serving our customers through bid and project related activities. Key responsibilities include identifying strategic suppliers for competitive bid situations, recommending appropriate alternatives to support margin improvement and cost savings initiatives, and developing / maintaining bid reference tools and data. The successful candidate will have strong product knowledge, excellent computer and interpersonal skills, and display great attention to detail.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key safety suppliers to include developing an understanding of their operations and developing an understanding of their key commodities and products.
- Analyze customer RFPs and procurement related data in order to identify opportunities to aggregate spend and provide competitive bid responses to support SOW and organic growth.
- Responsible for working with Sales to establish customized bidding strategies and achievable deadlines.
- Perform cross reference check activities to ensure cross accuracy and completeness; work with suppliers and other departments to fill cross gaps.
- Establish and maintain supplier cross-references in alignment with sales and marketing goals; Work to increase win rate and percentage of items bid.
- Provide documentation of product gaps and changes to product nuances, to the Portfolio Management team in addition to our mainframe system.
- Assist the sales team in the completion of special project bids as work volume fluctuates.
- Support the business development efforts between the sales representative and external customers.
- Propose suggestions and opportunities for increased revenue and margin improvement.
- Act as secondary sales team resource for safety equipment technical inquiries.
- Provide support and assistance to fellow team members and departments, as needed, in order to meet company/team goals.
- Collaborate with Portfolio Management to proactively identify portfolio gaps, enhance cross reference data, and provide meaningful data to assist with pricing projects.
- Prepare weekly project reports and update monthly metrics on bid improvement projects and other sales support initiatives.
- 3+ Years of Safety Sales or Safety product Experience.
- BA or BS Degree or Equivalent Work Experience.
- Able to use software applications like MS Excel, Word.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data in MS Excel.
- Broad analytical skills including costing, pricing and data analysis and price modeling.
- Prefer working knowledge of Fisher Scientific Mainframe System.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment while maintain quick response to deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong focus on teamwork and ability to manage relationships across multiple departments.
- Comfortable with utilizing and learning new technology.
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer-service skills.
- Ability to work accurately, with interruptions, to meet deadlines.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.