Position Summary: Support the transition from planning to execution by internal and external suppliers. Balance supply with demand to support target consistent with minimum 95% on time shipment service levels, inventory investment targets, and operational productivity. Implement guidelines for key site level materials management practices and define controls to identify trends and to measure effectiveness. Analyze metrics and controls to identify trends and develop root cause corrective actions for repetitive process gaps.
- Identify supply chain risks and recommend means of risk mitigation.
- Coordinate with schedule fulfillment with planners and procurement specialists.
- Spearhead efforts to install standard processes for the various facets of Materials Management, in accordance with corporate and site policies, MRPII methodology, and SAP transactional requirements.
- Re-fine and standardize the use of dashboards and other metrics to most effectively gage site performance and comply with divisional requests for reports.
- Participate in SIOP Process .
- Participate in PPI events and play an active role on other teams requiring supply chain support.
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner and obey all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values.
- Perform all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Inside the Company – Materials Management Manager and Materials Management Staff, Planning Team, Site Procurement Team, Plant Manager, Finance, Quality, Value Stream Managers, Commodity Managers, Engineering.
- Outside the Company – Frequent communication and negotiation with suppliers, Divisional supply chain personnel.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Matriculated in an industrial engineering or supply chain 4-yr. degree program or a masters degree program in same or an MBA program.
- Moderate skill set with Microsoft Office Suite
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- CPM or APICS certification desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- SAP experience desirable