When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Shipping/Receiving is accountable for the physical custody and overall management of locations, handling, transactions and processes. Shipping/receiving transactions done through SAP Attend weekly meetings to communicate results, goals and achieve specified goals and objectives. Maintain a clean and safe work environment. SAP experience is desired. ERP is valued.
Packaging and Shipping
- Manage the shipping operations. Ensure all orders are shipped on time, in full, and error free
- Coordinate all Export/Import shipment functions including audits and/or inspections
- Packaging Finished goods for stocking
- Ensure timely and accurate receipt of all incoming materials
- Coordinate the physical movement of material within the facility, assuring timely material arrivals to meet production requirements
- Assure that all transactions are performed accurately by all personnel and information is correctly recorded in SAP system
- Education Requirements: High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Ability to speak, read, understand and write English
- MS Office Suite incl., Excel, Outlook, Word
- Shipping/receiving experience with LTL tracking, UPS World ship, FedEx online and export experience.
- Associates degree and/or 3-5 years of experience in mixed volume manufacturing environment
- 1-3 years with Export/Import compliance
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications Excel, Word.
- Strong sense of urgency to meet customer requirements
- Highly effective organization & planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to facilitate team interactions Team orientated
- Action oriented
- SAP, Oracle and ERP experience
- Fork lift experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.