When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Performs electrical, general construction and/or refrigeration repairs on units during the manufacturing process, after testing, at point of shipment, and if returned from customer according to design specifications and company quality standards.
- Makes in-process electrical and mechanical repairs to production line units.
- Identifies problems/issues and works to resolve them within and outside the department.
- Replaces parts that are faulty or defective and pushes for resolution to recurring problems.
- Corrects faulty wiring.
- Brazes with different alloys and various combinations of copper and steel, using brazing technique, and assures proper flow of nitrogen through system to prevent oxidation.
- Responsible for rough pump/fine pump and refrigerant charging utilizing CFC universal certification.
- Responsible for transporting RMA’s and completed units to the shipping area using forklift.
- Diagnoses electrical and/or refrigeration failures and makes necessary repairs.
- Maintains specified records of defects and repairs as well as maintaining logbooks, records and insuring tracking and process sheets are completed.
- Uses sensitive test equipment such as ohm, volt, amp meter, etc.
- Returns defective purchased parts to MRB and completes defective part tickets and documents scrap for defective units.
- High School Diploma/ GED required
- Up to 12 months experience required to become proficient in this job.
- Prior technical training and/or experience are necessary in a related field.
- Associate is required to have a CFC Universal certification, brazing certification, and/or forklift certification.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.