Job Title: Team Leader, Manufacturing Operations
Requisition ID: 52131BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
Team Lead for QC group, with experiences in the area of molecular biology/biotechnology to support our OpenArray manufacturing operations in organization and execution of production flow as well as reporting and documentation of production results. This role will support the optimization of workflows and improving product quality. In addition, this position will support the establishment and implementation of new methods and laboratory equipment in your area of operations. Strong time management and organization skill along with interpersonal skills and ability to participate effectively in multidisciplinary teams to solve problems in manufacturing environment are essential. Experience in a dynamic Manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Periodically review and discuss your priorities with manager.
- Interact with teams in Manufacturing/Quality/Engineering as needed.
- Understand scientific principles in order to problem solve, troubleshoot test results, evaluate alternative choices and exercise independent judgment in selecting the best solution. Provide multiple decision options and corresponding logic/data behind the decisions. Proactively identifies production problems.
- Provides feedback and contributes ideas and suggestions to new and/or improved lab techniques, protocols, processes, special handling of the product and equipment.
- Continuously strive to improve output goals. Demonstrate good time management resulting in efficiency. Support cost improvement initiatives by reducing failures, improving capacity and using supplies wisely. Reduce work in process, queues and cycle times.
- BS or MS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or equivalent knowledge and experience in manufacturing environment.
- 3-4 years of experience in manufacturing required, 2 years of which preferred to be in leadership of a lab
- Experience as team leader
- Experience working with manager to identify issues, resource needs and improvement opportunities. Offer suggestions for resolution/improvements.
- Ability to Process change orders
- Experience in participating and leading in Continues Improvement- Practical Process Improvement (PPI) events and problem solving. Experience in driving the PPI business system by encouraging employees to put JDIs in and using the PPI process to drive improvements.
- Monitor, track and provide feedback on employee performance through PMD process
- Provide coaching and corrective actions when needed
- Manage employee time and attendance through etime
- Participate in project implementation
This position does not have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.