When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The successful candidate will possess strong organizational, analytical, and administrative skills to provide full scope of executive administrative assistance to the Director Operations Aiken Road Site, Sr. Director, Manufacturing, and Operations Leadership Staff for LPD. The successful candidate provides strong administrative talent, supporting the division’s initiatives, handles multiple projects simultaneously, and quickly learns about the procedures involved in the administration of plans.
- Conducts 5S audits for office and plant areas; supports Safety leader in monthly weekly 5S audit activities and help with any recognition program
- Use of collaborative tools like Yammer and iconnect ; spread the culture all the way to the plant floor to enable truly open communication.
- Manage the "Talk to the Plant Manager" program and schedule any special requests from the shop floor to foster truly open communication at all levels.
- Publish photos of events in iconnect for any events and update the communication board via TV monitors in conjunction with VP Operations team and Plant Operations
- Take part in Gemba walks and update the Plant Operations Director for any escalations related to VOA (Voice of associates) and Safety concerns
- Work with either Safety or Facilities in at least one project per 6 months that can improve one process or a sub process on the floor
- Help with any simple macros for any repetitive tasks at the back office when needed.
- Manage and organize the iconnect folders that hold the weekly, daily and monthly reports; DO this task in conjunction with Finance and Operations leaders
- Collect expenses and file expense reports for Director and Senior Director of Operations.
- Help Directors of Operations with any cross functional collaboration work with the following departments: 1. Engineering, 2. Sales and Marketing, 3. R&D, 4. Finance and Corp Finance, 5. PPI process leaders, 6. Commerica GROUP, 7. SIOP group, 8. Out-sourcing, 9. NPD, 10. Corporate purchasing etc. Setting up regular meetings with them is a key task
- Ensure all plant tour happen through this role for any visitor from any of the cross functional areas; All plant tours will follow a standard ½ hour or full hour schedule based on the attendees availability
- Hold a Purchasing card for the operation team for miscellaneous purchases.
- Manage calendars, set up meetings, and schedule calls. Meetings and events. Meetings and events include but not limited to: 5S, Agenda-schedule, Attendees-guests, audio-visual, awards-recognition, communication, décor, display, gifts-incoming, handouts, identification nametags, invitations, logistics, meals-refreshments, media publicity, mementos-giveaways, parking, photography, presentation management, presenters-speakers, reception, safety equipment, signage, stage setup, venue setup etc.
- Assist Directors with complex travel arrangements and Visa applications, letters of introduction, letters of and invitation.
- Organizes high level meetings, town halls, and staff leadership meetings.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving – the individual identifies, analyzes and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Written communications – the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- 5+ years experience, Associate’s degree in business or finance and/or progressively responsible experience preferred; or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Must present a high degree of professionalism in both oral and written communication and able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SharePoint experience required.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Experience in independently managing multiple concurrent tasks and meet rigid deadlines.
- Customer-client focused. Positive "can-do" attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to handle confidential material in a professional manner.
- Demonstrates and drives the Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement, and Innovation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.