At Fisher BioServices, we specialize in the management of critical biological materials in support for the advancement of cell therapy, high value biologics, and population-based public health research. We provide customized end-to-end chain of custody solutions for our large pharmaceutical clients and partners in academia and government, ensuring the integrity and efficacy of their valued material from the manufacturer to the bedside. Fisher BioServices is a brand of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science, and member of the BioPharma Services Division. To learn more please visit www.fisherbioservices.com.
Position Summary: This position is within the Fisher BioServices business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The purpose of this position is to provide management/leadership for the facilities department.. The Facility Manager is charged with the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed, well-maintained building in coordination and conjunction with Fisher BioServices goals and objectives. The position coordinates the activities, financials, vendors and manpower required for current and future needs of the building and operations. BioServices has outsourced its facilities to C&W services so the facility manager will discharge these obligations using the resources provided through the C&W contract
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for building system repairs and building system performance
Oversee and supervise C&W services.
Contract out through C&W , to BioServices approved vendors for required repair and construction services
Responsible for maintaining the Track Wise data base for all required Facilities activities.
Responsible for maintaining the Maximo System for all required Facilities activities
Execute equipment audits and record-taking policies
Coordinate the capital approval and implementation of new building projects and replacements
Ensure compliance with all safety and security protocols
Ensure that preventative maintenance is completed per the approved maintenance schedules
Maintains effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedures
Responds to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns
Develop/Review specifications and assists in solicitation and administration of maintenance/repair service contract
Ensures compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agencies and company directives as relates to building operations
Upholds a high level of performance, quality control and customer satisfaction
Other duties as assigned
Basic Minimum Qualifications: The qualifications listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each essential duty.
• Working knowledge of maintenance trades including mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC
• Knowledge in building automation systems (BAS) control systems and computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS)
• Familiarity with cGMP concepts
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university desired
• At least 5 years' experience in facilities operation, maintenance and repair in a facility of comparable size and complexity
Certificates and/ or Licenses:
C&W Services Contract and personnel
8:00AM to 4:30PM core hours, additional hours as required.
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to work in a cold environment with exposure to dry ice, liquid nitrogen cryogenics, hazardous and infectious agents, marked changes in temperature.
- Must use personal protective equipment and adhere to safety protocols.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs and push up to 70 lbs.
- Must be able to use a computer up to 6 hours per day.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory and warehouse/repository environment.