When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Thermo Scientific Quality Controls team is a group of passionate individuals dedicated to changing the way medicine is practiced. We are building a talented team of scientists dedicated to the AcroMetrix Quality Controls business, based in our Fremont site in the San Francisco Bay area. This is an opportunity for a highly motivated scientist to work in a fast-paced environment and develop diagnostics at the cutting edge of technology and medicine. This position will be an integral part of advancing genetic analysis in the clinical market.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who is passionate about delivering simple, effective, customer-focused diagnostics. The successful candidate will incorporate IVD and molecular biology experience to develop robust, innovative molecular control materials for diagnostics. This position will also function in partnership with renowned investigators at research institutions, industry, and clinical laboratories worldwide.
- QC product development using NGS, qPCR, immunoassay, or other molecular technologies
- This is a hands on bench scientist position that involves both proof of concept testing and rigorous validation
- Provides innovative ideas for new products and intellectual property
- Collaborates with molecular biologists, biochemists, bioinformatics, engineers, product managers, customer support, other internal teams and external scientists
- Executes IVD development experiments, from proof of concept through to validation, submission and launch
- Actively participates as a member of cross-functional product development teams
- Performs statistical analysis and practices DOE methods
- Represents the company at scientific meetings, gives talks and presents posters
- Some travel may be required to visit customers, collaborators, and attend conferences
- Documentation under design control to ensure quality product development
Minimum Requirements and Education:
- Bachelor's degree (in a Scientific discipline) and five years industry experience.
- Multidisciplinary background is highly desirable.
- Must be excited about experimental aspects of innovation, product development, and validation.
- Values life-long learning.
- Can clearly document laboratory work.
- Has a passion for problem solving and outside-the-box thinking.
- Is extremely organized and driven to complete projects efficiently.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Must be highly collaborative and have the ability to work within a diverse team.
- Must contribute to a supportive, positive work environment both within the team and in the greater community.
- Self-motivated, independent, and a proactive driving force of execution.
- Willingness to take on new challenges.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable in a complex, matrixed environment.
- Able to adapt to changing needs caused by time, budget, or other constraints.
- This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
- Trained in ISO 13485, 21 CFR Part 820 Quality Systems Regulation, GLP/GMP.
- Statistical skills using current platforms eg. JMP.
- Has authored patents and/or papers.
- Has launched a product.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.